Mental Health & Substance Abuse
Family Service of the Piedmont’s professional therapists provide individual and family counseling for children, adolescents and adults dealing with substance abuse, drug addiction, alcoholism, anger management, depression, anxiety, family stress, physical abuse, sexual abuse, family dysfunction, grief or marital problems.
Services are offered on a sliding fee scale with costs as low as $0 depending on income level. Medicaid is accepted.
Clients without insurance are able to receive primary care along with behavioral and psychiatric care. Clients with insurance are able to receive behavioral and psychiatric care.
Programs and Services
- Confidential individual and family counseling provided in person and through telehealth (virtually through the phone or video technology)
- The High Point Center for Child Wellness offers comprehensive psychiatric services to children ages 5 to 15 who need help dealing with issues including depression, anxiety and trauma.
- Walk-in counseling clinics
- Psychiatry medication evaluation and management program
- Substance abuse treatment and counseling
- Trauma-focused care
- Case management
- Group programs and support
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Treatment for co-occurring disorder or dual diagnoses disorder
- Integrated Care Program — Mental health, substance use counseling, psychiatric care and primary care are all offered in one location.
- Bilingual counselors
- Information and referrals