Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
Family Service of the Piedmont offers an array of support services for victims of domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, human trafficking or other violent crime. Services for children and adults range from court advocacy to counseling, case management and referrals to community resources.
Programs and Services
- Free and confidential crisis counseling
- Assistance with the 50B restraining order process
- Victim advocacy and help navigating the court system
- Temporary shelter in the agency’s 2 domestic violence shelters for people who are escaping violent homes, sexual assault or human trafficking
- A safe environment for child victims of abuse to tell their story and begin the healing process at the agency’s 2 Children’s Advocacy Centers
- Support groups
- Information and referrals
- Information on relocation
- Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP) helps male and female perpetrators of violence learn to change their behaviors.